My Blog List

Friday, June 24, 2016

Wrexham,North Wales - Hawarden man fears for his children's safety as 'mindless idiots' attack his car

Published date: 24 June 2016 | 

Published by: Lydia Morris
Read more articles by Lydia Morris

A BUSINESSMAN whose car was targeted by yobs said his children are concerned for their safety.
Rory Tompsett, of Lon Cae Del, Hawarden, said “mindless idiots” who attacked his car have left his children worried they will come back to physically hurt them.
During the early hours of Sunday morning, vandals snapped the windscreen wiper arm off Mr Tompsett’s car and smashed plant pots and hanging baskets.
Mr Tompsett, director of Actual Landscapes in Hawarden, said the group of youths have cost him more than £600 in damage and wasted time and said he is “disappointed” with the police’s response to the incident.
“I woke up just before 12.30am on Sunday morning and heard a loud noise – a lad had thrown a bottle of milkshake at one of my neighbours’ cars,” he said.
“Shortly after, I heard another noise which sounded like someone getting into my car and when I looked there were six lads crawling over my car outside my house.
“I have a Land Rover Discovery, which is a robust vehicle and they snapped the whole windscreen wiper arm off.
“As a result, I had to have the front of my car taken off and I’ve had to buy a new wiper motor.
“With all that and the cost of lost time, it has cost me the best part of £600 and these are just my costs; there are others who have been affected.”
Mr Tompsett said the youths also smashed a number of plant pots and hanging baskets from houses along nearby Wood Lane.
“It was absolute carnage all the way down the road,” he added.
“This is the second time this month cars and property have been targeted by these young louts.
“The level of stupidity is one thing, but it’s the massive impact it has on people’s lives that is the worst thing.
“My kids are scared they will come back and do further damage to either our property or them physically – they are concerned for their safety.
“It’s just Saturday night fever for these lads – they think they’re big and clever going around causing trouble and they don’t realise the massive impact it has on people’s lives.
“There are a couple of old dears around the corner who are frightened to death it might happen to them.
“We have had a few names come through so I think the sensible thing for them to do would be to come forward and apologise and do something about their actions before they are picked up.”
Mr Tompsett said he is disappointed the police have not followed the incident up in any way.
“The way they have dealt with the situation has been laughable – they basically said there's nothing they can do,” he added.
“Not a single police car came down to investigate or to take any fingerprints after I 
reported it.
“The police officer I spoke to over the phone earlier this week told me nothing will be able to be done until Friday because the police officer dealing with the incident isn’t in all week.”
A North Wales Police spokesman said: “We were called at 00.36am on Sunday, June 19, of people behaving suspiciously in Lon Cae Del.
“We did not receive any reports of any damage at that time.
“Officers attended and reported at 00.52 that those behaving suspiciously had left the area but one car had a milkshake thrown over it.
“We received another call at 10.52am on Sunday from the original caller’s address that their car had a windscreen wiper broken off.
“We had no reports of any other vehicles being damaged.
“Anyone with information is asked to call 101 quoting incident number U089836.”
see-http://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/163574/hawarden-man-fears-for-his-children-s-safety-as-mindless-idiots-attack-his-car.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment