My Blog List

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Colwyn Bay,North Wales - Stabbing victim recovering at home

Published date: 15 June 2016 | 

Published by: Rachel Nash 
Read more articles by Rachel Nash Email reporter
Mick Pickard recovering at home 
A man who was stabbed in broad daylight in Colwyn Bay on Monday is now recovering at home.

Mick Pickard, 65, was discharged from hospital yesterday after suffering a superficial stab wound to his back. He described the moment he was stabbed outside his bookshop in the town's Hawarden Road. 
 
 "I was fetching and carrying a few things in and out of the shop," said Mr Pickard. 
 
"The next thing I knew I'd been pushed into the planters at the front of the shop.
 
"I didn't realise I'd been stabbed, whoever it was came at me from behind but I thought it was a push at first, then I touched my back and I felt blood.
 
"The next thing I knew, a lady I knew from the bookshop was asking me if I was ok and I said no I didn't think I was."
 
North Wales Police were called who then sealed off the area, and Mr Pickard was taken by ambulance to Ysbyty Glan Clwyd.
 
"It's sore and it's hard for me to stay in one place, I have to keep getting up and moving," added Mr Pickard.
 
"But I'm lucky it wasn't much worse.
 
"I feel overwhelmed and humbled that people have been so supportive of me since the event, I'm really grateful.
 
"People keep mentioning to me my support of the Remain campaign possibly having something to do with it but I really don't know if that's the case."
 
The bookshop is owned by former mayor of Colwyn Bay Dr Sibani Roy. She said: "I want to apologise to the people of the area because I feel responsible in a way.
"It's a residential area and I feel very awkward that people might be panicking about the incident so I want to give my sincere apologies."
 
Police are still hunting Mr Pickard's attacker. A spokesman for North Wales Police said: “There have been no arrests and our investigations are still continuing.
“We are appealing for witnesses and anyone with information should contact St Asaph CID on 101 quoting crime reference number RC16086737.”
see-http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/163221/updated-colwyn-bay-stabbing-victim-recovering-at-home.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment