My Blog List

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Colwyn Bay,North Wales - Knife attacker who stabbed Colwyn Bay bookshop owner still on the loose

Mick Pickard recovering at home in Colwyn Bay on Tuesday after he was attacked on Monday
Mick Pickard recovering at home

North Wales Police say their investigation into the attack on 65 year-old Mich Pickard on Hawarden Road this week is ongoing

A knife attacker who stabbed a 65 year-old bookshop manager in Colwyn Bay is still at large according to North Wales Police .
The force confirmed the person who knifed Mick Pickard on Hawarden Road in the town on Monday afternoon had not been arrested.
Mr Pickard says he was walking between his shop and his home when he was struck from behind by his assailant.
He was taken to Ysbyty Glan Clwyd where he was treated for superficial stab wounds and released on Tuesday morning.
In an interview with the Daily Post this week, Mr Pickard said he hoped he hadn’t been targeted because of his support for the ‘In’ campaign in the upcoming European referendum.

Investigation on Hawarden Road

He said: “I have been displaying ‘Remain’ posters in the shop window.
“I am reluctant to say categorically yes (it was that) but, if it is anything to do with that, democracy in this country has gone out the window - and we are a lost cause.”
A popular and well known figure around Colwyn Bay, Mr Pickard described the moment he was stabbed in the back near the bookshop, which is owned by former Mayor Dr Sibani Roy.
“I felt something hit me in the back and I fell forward,” he said.
“I just thought something had scratched my back and I thought what the hell was that?
“I didn’t realise I had been stabbed until I got home. I thought why am I so wet which was the most frightening thing.
“I am just so lucky it was fairly shallow and didn’t go into the spine,” said the former soldier.

Police at the scene of the incident in Colwyn Bay

North Wales Police has renewed its appeal for information about the attack.
A spokesman for the force said: “There have been no arrests and our investigations are still continuing.
“We are appealing for witnesses and anyone with information should contact St Asaph CID on 101 quoting crime reference number RC16086737.
see-http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/knife-attacker-who-stabbed-colwyn-11483862

No comments:

Post a Comment