My Blog List

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Rhyl,North Wales - 'I whacked him with till sign': How fearless Kinmel Bay shop hero foiled knife-wielding robber

Published date: 16 November 2016 | 

Published by: Stephanie Price 
Read more articles by Stephanie Price Email reporter

A FEARLESS shop worker told a knife-wielding robber to "behave" when he attempted to steal from a Kinmel Bay newsagents. 
Father-of-two Bradley Heyes was replenishing stock at Harry’s Newsagent’s in Kinmel Bay when the raider confronted him.
He said: “I was stocking up cigarettes behind the till when I heard a loud bang.
“The door had been locked, but I turned around and there was a masked man with a bag pointing a knife at me.
“I told him to behave and go away, but he got agitated and started swinging the knife at me.
“I wasn’t having it though and I struck him with a till sign that was on the side. He left empty-handed.”
The 24-year-old added: “It’s not every day you get someone pointing a knife at you but the adrenaline kicked in and I just did what I had to do to get rid of him.
“ I won’t be bullied out of what I do. I knew it was a case of me or him and I have to put food on the table.”
Shop owner, Haroon Fiaz, gave Bradley a £100 reward for his bravery.
Police are still appealing for witnesses following the attempted robbery at the shop in Chester Avenue at around 7.45pm on Wednesday, November 9.
http://www.rhyljournal.co.uk/news/169154/-i-whacked-him-with-till-sign-how-fearless-kinmel-bay-shop-hero-foiled-knife-wielding-robber.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment