My Blog List

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Cardiff,South Wales - Best get a bus to Halfords' The advice car park staff gave a struggling mum after thieves made off with her car battery

A woman who had the battery stolen from her car in a Cardiff Bus car park was told to “get a bus to Halfords”.

Hayley Haines, had been shopping in Cardiff city centre with her daughter and left the car at the Cardiff East park and ride side in Pentwyn

Hayley Haines, had been shopping in Cardiff city centre with her daughter and left the car at the Cardiff East park and ride side in Pentwyn.
But when she returned the car would not start.
The 45-year-old from Risca, in Caerphilly, said: “I thought the battery was dead so I went to the booth to ask if they could help.
“They said they weren’t allowed to.
“I opened up the bonnet and I realised my battery had been stolen.
“I went back over and explained to them and they said the camera had been on that part of the car park.
“I asked whether we could have a look at the camera but they said we had to go through head office.
“They told me the best thing to do would be to get a bus to Cardiff Road to Halfords and buy a battery.”

'Not helpful'

Hayley and her daughter waited for two hours until’s Hayley’s father was able to pick up a new battery and fit it for her.
“It was a little bit startling and they weren’t very helpful,” she said.
“Now I think I’d go to St David’s Shopping Centre and park there.”
Users of the car park have also voiced concerns after a group of travellers set up camp there on Monday, November 9.
The theft of Hayley’s car battery took place before the travellers arrived at the site.
Travellers set up camp in the Park and Ride station, Pentwyn, Cardiff
John Lee, 55, from Bassaleg, Newport, who uses the car park daily to get to his job at Barclays Bank, in Cardiff city centre.
He said: “Cardiff Bus are not taking it seriously or doing what they should be doing.
“We have stopped using it. You can’t have the working public using that facility.
“Cars have been damaged and I am not happy putting my car or myself at risk.
“They should be making it more secure, how they do that I don’t know but things are not right at the moment.”
A spokeswoman from Cardiff Bus said: “We are aware that there are travellers currently residing on our Park and Ride East site.
“We are liaising with the police and the council in attempt to resolve the situation. We have added extra security presence at the site and services from the site are continuing as normal.”
The spokeswoman added that the car battery theft had not been reported directly to them by the customer.
See- http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/best-bus-halfords-advice-car-10503470

No comments:

Post a Comment