My Blog List

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Conwy,North Wales - Shocking photo reveals dozens of bin bags dumped in popular Conwy Valley beauty spot

The bags crammed with rubbish were left in an isolated spot on the Afon Roe above the village of Rowen in the Conwy Valley

Fly-tipping at Rowen close to the site of the Roman Bridge as its know which spans the Afon Roe ,on the lane leading up to Bwlch y Ddwyfan
A mum-of-two says she is facing prosecution after 40 bin bags full of rubbish were dumped in a river.
But Stephanie Thomas claims she has nothing to do with the fly-tipping, despite a letter addressed to her being found among the litter.
The bags were left in an isolated spot on the Afon Roe above the village of Rowen in the Conwy Valley .
Among the rubbish were invoices and a financial letter with Ms Thomas’ name and address on it.
She says the letter was sent to Conwy council’s regulatory department, who have since contacted the 28-year-old saying she could be prosecuted and have asked her to come in to be interviewed and advised her to bring a lawyer.
“When I received the letter from the council I rang them up to explain I’ve got nothing to do with what has happened,” said Ms Thomas.
“Three weeks ago I paid a man with a white Transit van to take my rubbish away. I was clearing my house in Mochdre, stuff that belonged to me and a former tenant.
“There was a sofa, a bed and broken goalposts as well as paperwork in the garden. The man offered to take the rubbish to the tip for me for £40 – as I don’t drive I agreed.
“He took everything away and I didn’t think anything of it. I’ve seen the man before on our estate.”
Ms Thomas, who says the council’s regulatory department have asked her to try and track the man down, added: “I just hope the council will believe that it wasn’t me who dumped all this rubbish.
“I can’t drive and I’ve never been to Rowen – I have no idea how to even get there.
“I’m so upset by all this, someone has told me I could go to prison for something I haven’t done.”
Conwy Valley councillor Goronwy Edwards decribed the incident as an “appalling act of criminal fly-tipping”, adding: “It’s hard to understand the mentality of the individuals who carry out such mindless acts of wilful damage in such a hard to reach area of natural beauty.”
Caerhun community councillor Dewi Jones responded to local residents’ complaints and helped retrieve the waste from the river.

A spokesman for Conwy council said: “We can confirm that we are investigating a fly-tipping incident near Rowen. We are unable to comment further while the investigation is ongoing.”
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/shocking-photo-reveals-dozens-bin-12810125

No comments:

Post a Comment