My Blog List

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Carmathenshire,South Wales - Teacher allegedly sent pupil a message saying he wanted to have sex with her against a wall

Christopher Paul Clarke, 29, is accused of sending the message to the youngster while working at a school in Carmathenshire

A teacher sent a teenage pupil a message telling her he wanted to have sex with her against a wall, an Education Workforce Council hearing was told.
Christopher Paul Clarke, 29, is accused of sending the Facebook message to the youngster, known only as Pupil C, after the two became friends at Ysgol Bro Dinefwr in Carmarthenshire where he taught.
Neither Pupil C nor Mr Clarke appeared at the hearing, held at the Village Hotel, in Cardiff.
The hearing was told he did not consider his behaviour unprofessional. The panel understood he was denying allegations made in relation to three pupils that he had given them gifts and used social media and texts to send inappropriate or sexual messages.
He was not represented at the hearing.
A statement read out from Pupil C recounted their relationship. The panel heard that he told Pupil C: “I keep having the same thought over and over about how much I want I want to grab you, kiss you and f*** you against the wall.
“I’m going to die in a corner now because I am an awful person.”
Pupil C said the pair had developed a “close friendship”.
“He was around 28 or 29 but he acted as if he was 16,” Pupil C said.
He would joke with pupils on “a daily basis”.
“I had free lessons and would spend them with Christopher Clarke,” Pupil C said.
“He took it upon himself to tutor me one to one. I’ve been asked how this made me feel. I felt special and important.”
She said the extra lessons were his idea and not instigated by the school.
“I felt like we were friends and we were close,” Pupil C said.
“We talked about things like films and friends. He would tell me about how he got on with other teachers and about his ex-girlfriend.”

'Gave the girl sweets and £5 notes

The panel heard he would give the girl sweets and £5 notes for lunch. He gave her birthday presents including a Pokemon mug. He once gave her a Nintendo DS games console.
“He said he had one I could have,” Pupil C said.
“I was not expecting him to give me a Nintendo DS but he brought it in and said I could have it.”
She said he gave it to her when they were alone in a room she dubbed “the science office.”
“He was always careful about giving me gifts in front of teachers,” Pupil C said.
“He told me not to show anyone the gifts and to keep them secret.”
Mr Clarke would ask her about her private life, the tribunal heard.
“He talked about his ex-girlfriend and said, ‘I’ve not been laid for six years,’” she said.
Pupil C said his statements made her feel their relationship was not a friendship anymore.
“It felt weird to me,” she said.
She said she ended internet contact with him and saw him less frequently at school.

'A very reliable teacher'

Two other girls were referred to as pupils A and B and gave evidence to the panel.
The panel heard that during a discussion on Snapchat Pupil A told Mr Clarke she could not “do science.” It was said he replied: “I can show you the links between anatomy and feel good hormones.”
In another conversation the panel heard she told him: “You must be rubbing off on me” and that he replied: “I’m pretty sure I could get fired for that.”
In a reference to Red Riding Hood, Mr Clarke is alleged to have sent Pupil A a message saying: “What full lips you have.”
The hearing was told that in March 2015 Mr Clarke began following Pupil B on Twitter which she thought was “a bit weird.”
She said she broke contact with him after he accused her of sharing screenshots of their messages, which she denied to him.
Ysgol Bro Dinefwr deputy head Julie Griffiths told the hearing social media contact between pupils and teachers was banned, though they were able to discuss work using school email.
She said Mr Clarke was a “very reliable” teacher.
“We understood he gave very good support and lessons for the sixth form and that he was very well prepared and well organised,” she said.
“I found him to be quite reserved. I could not give you any examples of behaviour that was that immature.”
Presenting officer Carys Williams told the hearing Mr Clarke’s behaviour was “predatory” and fell “far, far, far short” of acceptable professional conduct.
She said his actions had been made with “sexual motivation.”
The hearing continues.
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/teacher-allegedly-sent-pupil-message-12782493

No comments:

Post a Comment